The business of real estate for consumers and agents is being impacted big time by technology. Artificial intelligence, robots, “smart” devices are definitely trending. Even Amazon is getting into this act by offering free, in-home WiFi assessments and demonstrations of “smart home” products.
The technology trends in real estate may be a little ahead of curve but here are products and applications you might want to check out as a consumer or real estate agent.
Smart Home applications and products – The National Association of Realtors says that security systems and locks (no more lock boxes?), lighting and thermostat controls are the most utilized technology right now but here are some more to consider…
1. Kuna – security lighting for the entry way of the home that’s accessible on your smart phone
2. WeMo – lamp lighting controls powered by Amazon’s Echo
3. Weber – thermostat controls also powered by Amazon’s Echo
4. TaskEasy – mows the lawn
5. Zaarly – home maintenance
6. FixnFlip – reimages/redesigns a teardown or your current house into a dream house
7. RoOmy – redecorating options with over 2,000 furnishings and accessories
VR goggles – 3D model content and 360-degree views for clients without having to leave your office
1. Samsung Gear VR headsets – in December, 2016, over 4 million sold
3. Iculus Rift
4. HTC Vive
5. Google Daydream View
Drones – huge market as FAA has reduced regulations on where/when they can operate.
1. Pix4D offers detailed aerial and interactive portfolios of properties to potential buyers
Video – professionally produced and client centered videos
3. SneekPeek – video a street and get back information on all houses on that street such as most recent sale price, current listing price, number of bedrooms/bathrooms
Bots in Face Book Messenger and “regular” text messages – NAR considers this the next level of customer service
1. Ask Doss
1. Francisco offers 3D touring of homes that is mounted into your website
Transparent bidding – seamless transactions
1. Open Door – offers sellers a secure, automated system to receive bids and offers buyers ability to offer price guarantees, all on one, single platform
This list of currently available technology for homes and the business of real estate is just the beginning. In six months from now, who knows? The sky’s the limit here.