Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders
This recipe is great for a quick and easy finger food for a party (or just a simple family dinner)!
- 12 slider buns, split
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I like grabbing a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store to make it super easy!)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays), more if desired.
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup smoked gouda, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh ground black pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare a 9X13 baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly spray paper with non stick cooking spray.
- Place bottoms of slider buns in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken with ½ cup of the bbq sauce. Mix until completely coated. Spread chicken equally across the buns. Top with remaining bbq sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle mozzarella, red onion, gouda, and 1 tablespoon cilantro across the chicken topped sliders. Add pepper as desired.
- Place the top buns on top of the sliders.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, melt the butter. Add remaining cilantro and set aside.
- Remove foil from the pan. Brush each bun with butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, for another ten minutes, until tops are golden. Serve immediately.