Crockpot Baked Potato Soup
We love soup season, and even better that we’ve got a recipe that you can pretty much set and forget!
- 5-6 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped (Yukon Gold is my favorite)
- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 4 cups chicken broth (Better Than Bullion is best, I’ve found)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon (cooked)
- Add potatoes, onions, broth, salt, and pepper to slow cooker. Set it to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When your cooker only has about 15 minutes left, make your roux:
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, then add flour, whisk until combined.
- Add heavy cream and whisk again until fully mixed.
- Lastly, add the sour cream and continue to whisk until thickened.
- When slow cooker is done, pour in roux mix.
- Stir, cover and set cooker to low for 30 mins.
- Serve with cheese, bacon, and chives.